Xmas and Quilting

I have certainly been gone forever. I have gone back to college full time and its hard for old folks... But I know that I am setting a good example for my kids. :) Well, in the little bit of free time that I have- I have picked up a NEW sewing love. QUILTING!! I also love free motion quilting because it lets you add even more creativity to your quilt. Here a few things that I have finished this last month.
This was our first Black Friday purchase of 2012.
Its the biggest TV I have ever owned and its beautiful.
 


Finals are quickly approaching and I am actually relieved. I felt a little burnt out after Thanksgiving but I quickly got back into the groove again.

Got some good news today from my Calc teacher - if you are happy with your current grade then you don't have to take the final. WOOT! I have an A.

But not so much luck for the other classes. Had my oral exam for Spanish and its harder than I thought it would be. Hopefully, Spanish II will be easier next semester.

Now back to sewing... I have not had much time to sew lately because of school but with the long Thanksgiving break and the indulgence of Pinterest. I have found a new love for quilting.




I taught lil Kat to sew a small log cabin block. And she was mighty impressed with herself. But what should I do with this single block? I made another with the same fabric. Then decided I could replace my old beat-up cheap felt stocking. I added "MOM"  as an afterthought. Its not the neatest installation but I like that it is a little off.






Here is my first OOPS!!
I put the cuff on inside out.
But I was too lazy to turn it around. LOL


0 comments: