My first quilt for 2012

conquered my first true quilt, even if its only 56in by 50in. Hopefully, my sister-in-law loves it, too. I was surprised to see that I was able to actually get the squares to line up. I did three borders (maybe not that conventional) and a ton of free-motion-quilting. The small squares are pebbles, the larger squares are full of random swirls, and the lavender border are leaves (first time I have done those and it shows).

The outer white space are feathers with an echo. I loved it BEFORE washing it. But after the washing, it all shrank up and now you an barely see the feathers. :( I loved the wrinkles in general but wish they were not as prominent. I will try prewashing the cotton for my mother-in-law's quilt. Its going to be a quilt-as-you-go because my husband wants it to fit a queen bed. My daughter is going to make the log cabin blocks for this quilt. 

Anywho, here is the final product - hope you enjoy it!!




0 comments: