Getting over my fears

I had purchased the fabric almost 2 weeks ago and I have not even completely unfolded it from the store. LOL -- I wanted to make a quilt that I saw in a magazine. The author to the pattern talks about her quilt in detail here. She called it Tango and used a beautiful line with black, gray, white and tangerine. Well, Mr. Kat loves the colors and pattern also.

[Image source:  Quilt Trends Magazine]

The magazine only calls for the throw size quilt -- so I will have to do some math to make the blocks for a queen size duvet cover. YES - you read that correctly. I am planning on make a quilted duvet cover. And after more contemplation, I will quilt it with regular cotton batting so we can use it as a regular quilt when it is not so cold. :)

I am writing this post hoping that it will influence me to start working on it. But I have never done anything like this and it is intimidating. But I normally make a "proto-type" block before cutting into my nice fabric. This way I can have a visual representative and it makes the math easier to figure out, too.

Wish me luck, ladies! 

Here are our fabric choices!!


2 comments:

Team Chastain said...

You are one of the most talented people I know and I am SURE it will turn out gorgeous. Always remember "nothing ventured, nothing gained" -- and you truly live that way, so this is a piece of cake for you!

Kat's Out o'the Bag said...

Thank you, Michele. It has been great having an outlet for my creativity. I appreciate you stopping by and checking out my progress. I will keep you updated.